All Vegan Middle Eastern Recipes
Explore the Middle East with me. My speciality is recreating delicious traditional recipes, to tasty vegan versions!
Makes around 10 small potato patties
6 potatoes cubed
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 and a half teaspoons finely chopped garlic
1 tsp salt
Pinch of Black pepper
1 packet of dry yeast
1 and a half cups of flour
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
pinch of salt
1 & 1/2 a cup of warm water
- Start by putting the potatoes on to boil until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking. Put the yeast with a little sugar and warm water in a bowl and mix.
- Then add the flour, turmeric, and pinch of salt, and mix through to form the loose dough.
- The dough must be firm enough not to disperse during frying. Leave the mixture to stand for 20 minutes
- Once the potatoes are cooked drain and mash. Add the parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form small balls from the potato mixture and place them in the refrigerator to cool down.
- After 10 minutes, remove the balls from the refrigerator and coat them in the frying mixture. Wet your hands to stop them sticking to your hands
- And Fry in deep oil until golden
- Serve with harrisa sauce or fresh herbs
Watch the video below and follow me 🙂