Indian / Sri Lankan Recipes
Welcome to my Indian and Sri Lankan recipe section. Here you will discover the beauty of cooking with spices. These recipes are bursting with flavour and easy to make.
You will find lots of GF options as well
Remember to join my YouTube channel for more recipes and tutorials
Crispy Onion & Spinach Pakora’s
Makes 10/ Difficulty Medium / Time 20 minutes
2 white onions. Sliced very thin using a mandolin
2 cups of thinly sliced spinach
1 teaspoon of turmeric
2 teaspoons of gram masala
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/4 cup of chopped coriander
1/4 cup of chopped mint
Salt and Pepper to season
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1 to 2 cups of water, maybe a little more
- Start by adding all the ingredients except the water into a large mixing bowl and toss well.
- Add the water slowly and toss, you should be able to form small loose balls. If you can’t add a little more water. Remember this is a loose mixture and it will fall apart.
- Heat vegetable oil to 180 degrees, enough to cover the mixture when you cook.
- Slowly add 2 to three small blobs of the mixture into the oil. I do this by hand as it’s a loose mixture.
- Cook for 30 seconds. They should turn golden very quickly
- Remove and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil
- They will be crispy if you have your oil hot enough. If it’s not hot enough they will be a soggy mess.
- Enjoy with coconut yogurt once cooked.