Here you will find recipes from my Youtube channel where I create recipes from different cuisines every week.
There are so many wonderful layers of flavour in Asian food. With a fast range of differences from country to country. Let’s explore Asia with my easy vegan recipes below.
Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel to get the latest recipes!
Easy Home Laksa
Serves 4 / Difficulty Easy / Time 20 minutes
1-inch piece of ginger chopped rough
1-inch piece of galangal chopped rough
1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
2 coriander roots and stems ( clean well and chop rough )
10 dried red chillies
4 cloves of garlic rough chopped
1 lemongrass stick chopped rough ( see video )
1 small shallot
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of vegan fish sauce
1 teaspoon of sugar
Small pinch of salt
1 400ml of coconut milk
4 cups of water
400 grams of soft tofu cut into small cubes
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil for cooking
Garnish – to serve
Asian greens, coriander fresh, lime juice
- Start by cleaning and prepping all the ingredients above. Soak the dry chillies in hot water
- Remove the dried chillies after 10 minutes and chop rough
- Add all garlic, ginger, lemongrass, galangal, spices, vegan fish sauce, sugar, chillies, coriander roots, shallot and coriander seeds to the food processor. Blend until smoothish paste forms as per video.
- Then add 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a large saucepan on medium heat with the remaining lemongrass end. Add in the paste and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the oil starts to separate away from the paste and it starts to stick a little to the base of the saucepan.
- Then add the coconut milk, water and tofu and stir through.
- Low simmer for 15 minutes for the flavours to infuse. Remove from heat, taste and adjust salt if you need. Then add to serving bowls with Asian greens and top with fresh coriander and lime juice.
- Add extra fresh chillies if you like it hot.