Ultimate Roast Potatoes
So, everyone loves potatoes! Don’t they?
We sure do and these ultimate roast potatoes are the bomb! My whole family makes these are tasting mine and every time I make them for new visitors they want the recipe.
Potatoes are a great source of potassium, iron, calcium and vitamin C. these are awesome to add to your diet post exercise and for loading our bodies with fuel. Carbs also help reduce stress, help our brain and make us feel good.
So, let’s eat more plants and enjoy these ultimate roast potatoes!
Ingredients Ultimate Roast Potatoes
2 kgs of white washed potatoes, cut into halves
1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
1/4 cup of nutrition yeast
1 teaspoon caynenne pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Good pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of vegan butter
- Start by pre boiling the potatoes to a par boil stage. This means they are soft on edges but still firm in centre
- Once boiled, drain and add back to sauce pan with vegan butter and oil
- Then place the lid on top and give the pot a good few shacks up and down to smash the edges of potatoes
- Then pour potatoes out into a large baking tray or dish
- Sprinkle over all the spices and mix well, to cover and coat in the spice mix
- Add the potatoes to a pre heated 200 degree oven and bake on roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir and flip potatoes half way through cooking
- Serve with fresh vegan sour cream and green onions
Make sure you check out my other recipes.
Thanks for visiting and leave a comment below