Peanut Butter Pistachio Balls
These little powerhouses are an excellent snack pre or post workout because they are loaded with dates. Dates are made up of glycogen, meaning they are a perfect source of energy for our muscles! When we work out or exert our self during exercise, we use glycogen from our muscles. When we finish a workout, our bodies are seeking sugar, ideally glycogen to fuel those muscles and lead our bodies straight into recovery mode.
These also contain cinnamon, which is known for increasing our metabolism and pistachios, which are a fantastic superfood for our brains. Pistachio produce the highest gamma wave response of all the nuts tested, which is necessary for enhancing cognitive processing, information retention, learning, perception, and can help with immunity, natural healing and deep sleep.
Makes: 15 min ball
Time: 15 mins
Time: 15 minutes To make these little gems you will need the following
4 tablespoons of peanut butter
1/2 a teaspoonofd salt
4 tablespoons of pistachios
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
4 tablespoons of water
- Start by removing the pips from the dates and add into a food processor
- Add the water, peanut butter and salt. Process until you start to form a paste
- You may need to scrape down a few times and process to get a good paste going. Add nuts and process a little, it will be a little chunky
- Once blitz well remove and roll into little balls – Wet hand to roll balls and prevent from sticky to your hands
- Top with finely chopped pistachios and place in fridge to set